It’s never too early to think of your holiday decoration and gifting plans. Many people like to have a patriotic or Americana theme to their decor or gifts. Now is the time to plan for your USA themed Christmas 2012! Starting as early as tomorrow all those July 4th and Independence Day items will be super discounted or on clearance. Places you might want to visit for your shopping spree include craft stores like Michael’s, A.C. Moore, and JoAnn’s. There are also department stores like Wal-Mart and Target and don’t forget those drug stores like Rite Aid and CVS. Crafty and thrifty readers probably already have a list of items to buy, but most of you are probably wondering “What on earth would I buy now for the holidays”. Here is a short list of ideas:
- Decorative items to make into ornaments for your Red, White, and Blue tree
- Red, white, and blue ribbon to decorate patriotic gifts or use on America themes wreaths.
- Patriotic or other summer themed scrap-booking materials on discount to use for those thoughtful gifts
- Outdoor lights and favors to add to your party for the holidays
- Patriotic fabrics to use in crafting that quilt to give as a gift
- Anything red and white to use for Christmas (plates, napkins, cutlery, cups, etc)
So much to think about for the next 5 and a half months in preparation for your Christmas! Get the bargains where and when you can. I’m sure all of us have someone who would appreciate a hand crafted patriotic Christmas gift. I think I will be crafting a tiny tree of Americana items for a friend.