Here’s a mish-mash of what I’ve been thinking about for the last 48 hours:
- Changing my cover profile. Who knew? OK. Everyone knew but me. There are many, many beautiful cover photos to dress up your Facebook wall. I went to this article to get some ideas, but that launched me into a general search for more cover photos. I settled on two photos (one for me and one for The Yule Log)–both of beautiful shiny Christmas ornaments.
- Improv Everywhere did a very funny spoof of Black Friday shopping. They set up outside of a New York City dollar store. The volunteers camped out in a long line and then stormed the business when it opened Friday mornings. Check out the YouTube video. I subscribed to their email feed so I can get up-to-date notice of their humorous behavior.
3. 12 Ways to Nerd Up Your Christmas Trees: This Mashable article has 12 photos of truly crazy Christmas trees. While I’m partial to the first (a Christmas tree made of books), check out the third Christmas tree–a Lego tree 33 feet high that was installed in London. Jeremy’s dream come true, for certain. (The bacon tree in this article is really creepy.)
4. Gold Christmas Tree? This one is in Tokyo, created by a jewelry store. It’s worth $4.2 million. I can just picture Eartha Kitt purring over this one!
5. Don’t even get me started on Pinterest. Everything is Christmas–idea after beautiful idea. I created a Yule Log 365 Pinterest page today. I’ll be loading it with this and that from today forward.
Speaking of shiny objects, that’s just what’s wrong with me. Christmas is distracting me–everywhere!